After a long time TRsearch.org website comes back online with its basic functions reactivated, but also with many new features based on your feedbacks, some of which already working, others in completion and others still in development.. so stay tuned ^^
Although much has yet to be implemented and completed, we have decided to put this BETA version online in order to continue developing it alongside its use, interacting in this way with those who will use it to receive feedback and improve it further, but also make new features useful. You will see some features in grey that are currently being completed and that will be put online shortly, but not in this beta.
- New Layout: the website has a new layout with a new design, new management of the sections, new menu and, especially, a new advanced search function.
- Responsive: the new layout has a Responsive design that responds (scales itself) automatically to an array of devices (screen sizes) and resolutions, so now you can navigate the website and make searches easily from your mobile device
- Home Page: the home page has been simplified, now you can see only the list of latest items inserted so far, with hot files (for download number and reviews) and random navigation tabs; other information (and tab like the authors followed) will also be added in the future.
- Gallery / Multiple images / Video: there is now the possibility to insert more images for each item in a Gallery to which you can also add a video demonstration (YouTube / Vimeo etc.)
- Personal Area: each member will have a personal section with more datas (social, note) through which they will be able to monitor their own objects and in the future much more (reviews, download, favourites, news etc).
- Clear content: we have renamed all the .zip files in download so now these are clearer regarding the content (from ITEM1234 to NameAuthor_ItemName). When you'll insert or update an item, the file will take your name (Username) and the Title you are entering for your item.
- Automatic renaming/resize images: all the images that you'll add to your items will be automatically renamed with its info (author and title) and resized for the website.
- Saved data: all existing User' data have been kept into the new system, except the old passwords: those were encrypted, so we had to reset all of them. Every old user on the first access must choose a new one, so click here (or click on Forgot Password) to request a new email with the password reset link.
- Search System: the search can be carried out by the form on the top of the page or in every sections, whereby clicking on "Refine Results" it will be possible to apply a whole series of filters that will be useful to refine the search and obtain the result sought in the shortest time (obviously this will be more accurate as more specific tags will be assigned by each author to their own items).
- Multi-Category tag assignment system: the main novelty, the possibility to associate multiple tags to the items to improve the search, tags that will be manually associated by each author by editing their own items, so in that way the new system will become useful.
- Important: the search with new multi-tag system will become useful if you'll assign specific tags to your items, so to make it more easy to find, please update your items.
New Review System
- The review system has been simplified: now every item will receive an overall assessment made up of a single vote (expressed from 1 to 5 stars) and a comment in which you can explain what did you like or not of the resource. As before, the author may respond to every reviews.
- Extra rating, through which you can give your opinion on various item's features (originality, usability, quality, etc.) will be kept as useful information for the user, but it will be optional and they will not be considered in the calculation of the overall rating.
- Saved data: all existing reviews have been kept and converted into the new system.
- Rate others' reviews (available asap): all logged users will be able to evaluate the reviews (like/don't like) to let other users know if the review is helpful / unhelpful or to report spam / fake.
Future Update / Currently in progress
There are many other implementations that are currently in development or being completed and that will be put online as they become available, among these are:
- Tools Section: update layout, we'll add more tools and filters that will allow you to refine the search and to find more info (and versions) of the tools.
- Favourites: logged users will be able to add items to a Favourites List that will allow to keeping notes / save the objects interesting.
- Tech Demos: a new section where you can insert demonstration levels, useful projects / tutorials to show how it works or to explain the different settings of complex puzzles, scripts etc.
- Dashboard: a history of all the downloads that you made it in your Personal Area (you must be logged in).
- Follow a User: you can follow users, so you'll never miss a release from your favourite creators.
- Submit to delete option: now you are able to update your items, so it is not necessary to upload each updated object as a new item, but if you want to delete it you'll must request the cancellation through the dedicated page (to prevent abuse like hacked account etc)
- Various: new filters, different possibilities for displaying results, optimization of the TRLE Guide area (Tutorials / Manual / OCB), Official Items, Reviews section in the Control Panel to display your own reviews and those received on their own items, Login with Facebook, User Page with the possibility of inserting updates / news / previews, and much more.
The operation of the website is intuitive and simple, but for any doubt or suggestions you can Contact Us.